Well, my sabbatical is over and it’s time to get back to work. My kids are in the same boat, getting ready for a new school year. It has been a great summer. Here are some of the highlights:
- Hawaii Trip
- Lots of Tennis (2-4 times a week)
- Wrote about 20% of the UX book
- Lots of swimming at Rinconanda pool
- Rafting on the Russian river
- Discovered new music (Twenty One Pilots)
- Started progress on new front door
- Started progress on painting house
It felt good except for the last week. Once I realized that work was right around the corner, I started getting depressed. It felt exactly like the end of summer break when I was in school.
Once I sat back down at my desk, I did a cleaning up and tidying of the wires. I sent a few emails and realized that I was actually supposed to come back tomorrow. I don’t know why I had it in my head that I was supposed to come back on the 26th. Oh well. Better to dive back in. I feel energized and ready to tackle major problems. No time to be slow and ease in.
I hope this “school year” is going to be good for us all.