- Happening every two weeks.
- Happening twice a week; semiweekly.
- occurring twice a week
- occurring every two weeks fortnightly
- Occurring once every two weeks.
- Occurring twice a week
Here is the bottom line:
The prefix bi- applies to the week rather than to the events that occur, therefore giving the sense of “every two weeks”. But in the UK is means “twice a week”.
For the sake of clarity, it is advisable to use one of the synonyms instead.
- Every two weeks: fortnightly
- Twice a week: twice-weekly, semiweekly
Am I seriously going to start saying fortnightly???