The video might take a little while, so here are my slides via Slide Rocket. Some bugs again uploading it, so my fonts are busted. Sorry.
Generally, this is my summary of the conference:
- The alpha of the ExtJS designer is really cool. It’s basically a ExtJS version of Visual Studio in a browser. You can make Ext layouts and interfaces using a WYSIWYG editor. Very promising.
- They are launching a Market Place where you can buy/sell/sponsor different plugins and extensions. I think this is a pretty smart move and will help spread the love around.
- ExtJS 3.0 is a solid upgrade, with a bunch of improvements and new features that were very well received. I am worried that my CSS will break for the buttons, but hopefully it won’t be so bad. Improvements include:
- Flash boxes (useful for Flash charts)
- Row Editor. I love this for editing a lead in Marketo.
- This.mon – memory management
- Vertical layouts
- Overflow on toolbars – I like this very much.
- Menu overflow, with better up/down controls
- Endless scrolling, dynamic population to limit dom size.
- More flexible layouts
- Ext Direct. Sort of over my head, but people were excited about it.
- GWT stuff. Seems to be important to a small subset of the group, but it’s hard to tell.
Overall, it was a well put together conference. Everyone was nice, the hotel was beautiful. Attendees were highly engaged. Good work ExtJS.
I hope my presentation was well received and I get invited to speak elsewhere. I get such a good feeling every time I get the chance.