I am starting my search for a UX Designer to join our team at Engagio. I actually prefer people in the earlier stages of their career. (Directors need not apply)
- Creative. Can come up with new solutions to problems.
- OCD. Does it bother you that their is a mistake in this question?
- Productive. We have a lot to do. Lots of context switching and multi-tasking.
- Confident. This position will have interactions with lots of people, including executives.
- Positive. It’s not personal; it’s always about the work.
- Special. A parent or loved one must vouch for you.
- Smart. Knows designing is hard work.
- Eloquent. Can explain why.
- Clever. Can come up with a witty retort to this list.
- Deliver engineering specs. Engineering needs to know what to build. This is your responsibility. Don’t count on PM to do all the detail work. UX Design owns these engineering specs.
- UX is not just UI. User Interface Design, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Graphic Design and even Curriculum Design are all part of user experience and this job entails all of them at some points.
- Iterating with Engineers. This isn’t an Ivory Tower department. We sit right in the middle of engineers and help drive a project to the highest possible quality in collaboration with engineers and other various groups.
When applying, please include a link to your website.
Hint: I am actually going to judge your design ability by what your website looks like. Don’t skimp on your own site.
We are a small but growing startup in downtown San Mateo. Engagio makes SaaS B2B software for sales, marketing and account management. Products include:
Account-Based Platform matches Leads to the right Account; identifies which accounts are engaging (MQAs); and aggregates account insights (Scout) to serve as the foundation for ABM.
ABM Analytics shows the impact of Account Based Marketing efforts with account-centric awareness, engagement and impact metrics that matter.
PlayMaker orchestrates cross-channel interactions across sales, marketing and customer success to engage accounts with personalized and timely human touchpoints.
Engagio is an Equal Opportunity Employer