I manage a team of 4 designers at Marketo. The company is doing quite well and UX Designer here is a central function. We are looking to add another member or two to the team. If you are interested (or know someone), please apply as a UX Designer.
- Creative. Can come up with new solutions to problems.
- OCD. Does it bother you that their is a misspelling in this question?
- Productive. We have a lot to do. Lots of context switching and multi-tasking.
- Confident. This position will have interactions with lots of people, including executives.
- Positive. It’s not personal; it’s always about the work.
- Experienced. Has designed applications before.
- Smart. Knows designing is hard work.
- Eloquent. Can explain why.
- Clever. Can come up with a witty retort to this list.
- Visual PRDs. These are storyboards in PowerPoint. We use them to define a project in minute detail. This effort is part design and part inbound product management. They are delivered to Engineering, so they want them to be as detailed as possible, while also being created as quickly as possible.
- UX is not just UI. User Interface Design, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Graphic Design and even Curriculum Design are all part of user experience and this job entails all of them at some points.
- Iterating with Engineers. This isn’t an Ivory Tower department. We sit right in the middle of engineers and help drive a project to the highest possible quality in collaboration with engineers and other various groups.
When applying, include a link to your website and check out Marketo.com to see the product. MUST HAVE WORK SAMPLES
Marketo provides easy-to-use, powerful and complete marketing software that propels fast-growing small companies and global enterprises, turning marketing from a cost center into a revenue driver. Marketo’s marketing automation and sales effectiveness software – including the world’s first integrated solution for social marketing automation – helps thousands of companies around the world streamline marketing processes, deliver more campaigns, generate more win-ready leads, and dramatically improve sales performance.
Marketo is an Equal Opportunity Employer