- No clicking of mouse, no typing of keyboard = not working. You are probably spacing out, not there or reading a blog article.
- Lots of typing = Not working. You are writing an email or instant messaging or typing a blog. (This is what I sound like now)
- Talking in a friendly voice = not working. You are socializing.
- Deciding something = working. This sounds like talking, but not friendly
- Little typing, little clicking = working.
I learned this in New York when I was the boss. I knew what working sounded like and it’s pretty distinct. What do you sound like right now?
UPDATE: Crap, I said deaf, but I meant blind. ugh