- Do I personally know you?
- Did we meet within the last 7 days?
Accept, I guess.
- Was it longer than 7 days?
Dude, come on. Fine. Jesus. Accept.
- Are you famous?
I make that impressed frowny “not-bad” face. Acceptaroonie.
- Are you a product designer?
I click the mouse like I am giving you a secret high five. Accept-five!
- Are you a relative?
Ugh, serious eye roll. Fine whatever. Begrudging accept.
- Are you a recruiter?
You just want to connect to abuse my connections. Nice try! Ignore.
- Are you a BDR/SDR?
No, no, no, no. I should publicly shame this person. I am too mean to this young person, Aren’t I? Too bad, Ignore.
- Are you a sales person?
I don’t want your “whatever you sell”. Ignore.
- Did you write a nice personal note? Maybe saying something nice about my blog?
Yay, someone knows my blog! Accept. Big smile. I have meaning in my existence!
- Did you just do that because you read it here?
Fucking sheeple! Ignore…nah, fine, Accept. Unless you are a sales person or recruiter.
- Are you only connecting to me because LinkedIn randomly put my face up and you connect to everyone it suggests?
You suck. Also, LinkedIn, you suck too. This is a stupid feature. Ignore.
- Am I feeling generous with this meaningless connection. like somehow it provides access to the VIP room of my life? Am I completely full of myself?
- What do I want to do with Jesus in my life?
That would be a miracle indeed. Ignore.
Do you have a LinkedIn Connection subroutine? Maybe write it down? #LinkedInConnectionAlgorithm