I finally lost my patience with LunarPages. The downtime was just getting out of control. I put down $95 and got a Bluehost subscription (12 months). Lunarpages made me wait 10-30 minutes for their technical support and then refused to do anything about it. The intermittent failures were just unbearable. I am going to switch everything else to Bluehost asap.
My review of Bluehost so far:
- Technical support picks up immediately. (Under 5 seconds)
- The FTP speed isslightly faster than Lunarpages and generally as fast as I could want it.
- Installing WordPress 2.2 was easy. Upgrading to 2.3 was easy.
- They use the latest cPanel, which I appreciate. Lunar had an older version.
- Site responsiveness so far seems good.
I will update this review after a month and see if the outages stop. I put a review in on a site about Lunarpages, and the admin of the site gave me some useful information. His opinion was that the grass was not greener. We shall see. Interesting thing, the site didn’t put up my review.