I always had this dream of an app called “Told You So“. Here are the requirements:
- You sign in with Google or Facebook.
- It asks you to make a prediction.
- You sign it with your finger.
- It has a button for “I disagree” and someone else can sign that.
- It stores the predictions and signatures in the cloud.
- Later, when the event happens, you bring the prediction back up and show it to your friend/family member and say, “Told you so.”
- BAM button plays the “You’re the best around from Karate Kid.”
- Resolve button gives you the option of who was right, or possibly “disputed results”.
- It keeps score for family and friends.
- Ability to tweet the results for a public “Told You So”
Simple app, right? I would use this app all the time. People make predictions and then say, “I never said that!” I want to write that shit down and store it in a way that can never be deleted.
I am not saying this app would have Flappy Bird kind of success, but I think it would do well.
Speaking of which, here are some predictions for 2017:
- Politics: Trump will make me sad for at least 20 unrelated reasons. Also, despite lots conflicts of interest, Trump will not be sanctioned in any real way in 2017.
- Sports: Andy Murray will win the Australian Open in Tennis
- Culture: Casey Affleck will win Best Actor for Manchester by the Sea
- Stock Market: Dow Jones will be at 21,951 on Dec 31, 2017
- Work: Engagio will be growing like mad. (OK, this one is self-serving)
- Tech: Battery technology will FINALLY take a step forward. 2x life.
- Medicine: The world’s first HIV vaccine becomes commercially available
- Personal: My oldest kid will be accepted into Stanford. (Wishful predicting)
- Personal: My middle kid will record 5 full songs on his first LP. He will refuse to let me watch him perform.
- Personal: My youngest will read a book that I suggest. (long shot)
Predictions are difficult. You have to be willing to be wrong and take a stance on something. Let’s meet back here in a year and see how I did.