Toys R Us’ website sucks. I have been trying to buy a Wii controller using some gift cards for weeks from them. Here is the pattern of my unhappiness:
- Search stinks. If I search for Wii controller, show me a page of Wii controllers. How hard is that?? Makes me click 5 times to get to the Wii controller.
- The item is out of stock. I can only click “alert me” when it’s back in stock. Why can’t I say, “I want to buy this, just put me in line and send it to me when you get some.” No, I have to come back later. Bad experience. So I sign up to be notified.
- I get the email. Fine, I click the link and add 2 to the cart. Then it asks me to login or buy as guest. I do guest. I enter in my gift card codes, all three of them, and my billing address. I submit the form. All good. Then it says, “Do you want us to save your information?” I said, “Ok. Yes”.
- A few days later I get an email saying, “He, we canceled your order. We ran out”. What?? Don’t cancel my order just send me the next one you get! Crap!
- So I go back to step 1. I find the item. Sign up for the alert. I get the alert. I try to sign in this time with my username/password. Lo and behold, it didn’t save ANY of my information. I have to put everything in again. Address, gift cards, credit card. Come on! At least don’t make me repeat myself over and over.
- Buy them AGAIN! Then I get the same email a few days later, “Sorry, we canceled your order”. What the hell is wrong with these people?!? Take my damn order and send me the item when you get it. Toys R Us.com sucks.
Toys R Us has had a terrible history on the web. They were the first to use Cold Fusion in a major e-commerce application and they messed it up royally, and probably damaged Cold Fusion significantly in many minds. Then they because Amazon partners. Things were find for a while in that mode. Then they decided to go their own way. Now it’s messed up all over again. My advice to ToysRUs. Go back to Amazon.