I just got this email. It has several major UX issues.
- Alignment. It is harder to read centered text than left-justified.
- Contrast. Gray on white is hard to read.
- Size. Text is too small and hard to read.
- Serif. Serif is harder to read than sans-serif, especially when small.
- Disconnect. The words reference things that aren’t nearby. (Follow the link above). Also, links don’t look like links.
Overall, this is a difficult to read and unhelpful email. Here is my redo:
Account: Glen Lipka (email@example.com)
If you have any questions or concerns about your account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As required by law, we are providing you notification of your transaction history. Learn more.
Venmo is a service of PayPal, Inc., a licensed provider of money transfer services. All money transmission is provided by PayPal, Inc. pursuant to PayPal, Inc.’s licenses.
PayPal is located at 2211 N. First Street, San Jose, CA 95131
See, bigger font. Easier to read. Fewer words.
Get it together Venmo. Srsly.