UX is not UI. 50% of the letters are the same, but they are very different.
Looking around the web their are some great resources/tutorials on the subject of User Experience.
- Montparnas has a wonderful UX summary which I highly recommend. It has oodles of good info.
- This slideshow by Garrett Dimon has some wonderful quotes about design. Reading them is inspirational to any designer.
- The elements of UX by Jesse James Garrett is a famous diagram in the UX community showing a breakdown of user experience, which I agree with. The only extension I put into the diagram is to include product management functions inside that umbrella.
- Peter Morville at Semantic Studios has a nice approach to thinking about UX.
- The top 100 UX blogs. Hmm, I guess I don’t count.
There are many more resources available. This is just a sampler. I think everyone who works on a product should be aware of the great work done here. It will help you be more successful and will only cost a few minutes of reading. Tough decision, I know.