Follow this trail.
- I want to watch the New York Jets football games. The problem is that I live in California.
- So I chose DirecTV with their NFL Superfan package to get the games. (Crazy expensive)
- DirecTV doesn’t have internet access so I got DSL from DSLExtreme.
- I also have to pay for a basic phone line from AT&T, even though we only use our Verizon cell phones.
- DSLExtreme’s best (reasonably priced) package is 6mbps down and 768 up.
- We just moved and something is wrong with the wiring…my speeds have dropped by more than half.
OK, so if I didn’t want to watch the Jets, this is what I would do:
- Get Comcast xFinity. Phone, voice, TV in one. Much faster speeds. No phone line, no DSL.
Each year, I say “This is too expensive. I should stop watching football completely. Save the money! Switch to cable internet!” Each year, I can’t do it. I am weak. I like the Jets more than fast internet access. DSLExtreme has Fiber and ADSL2 subscriptions, but they are crazy expensive. $100 for 8mbps? For that price on Comcast you get 100mbps.
Hmm, for the amount I pay for DSL, I probably could get just the Comcast internet access without the TV part. I’ll have to look into that.