Things I love
- My Tesla Model 3. It’s the only car I have ever loved.
- My iPad Pro. I use it 10x every day. It is light and fast. It’s a terrific device. No other tablet compares.
- Playing Tennis – Especially in the summer
- Figma – Especially when I can co-design with someone
- Fiber Internet Access – Whoosh! Better than my first 14.4kbps US Robotics modem
Things I hate
- Samsung. I can’t believe how horrible that experience was. #boycottSamsung
- Facebook. I can’t bring myself to say the new name. They are ruining civilization
- Getting old. Next year I turn 50. Old sucks. I need science to give me a reverse aging pill and bring me back to 25.
- Career decisions – this is always agonizing and I usually make poor decisions. I should follow the George Costanza rule and just do the opposite of what I think.
Things that scare me
- The fact that autocratic regimes are winning worldwide
- The number of guns in America
- The rise of antisemitism
- The paralysis of the US Senate combined with institutional advantages of small states
- Voter suppression laws
- The withering of education during Covid and the inflation of tuition and the deflation of real-world value of education
- Another housing bubble – We never fixed the laws last time
- Religious people actively trying to create the “end times“
Man, there are too many things that scare me. I feel like the end of the year is a great time to take stock of things.