I was forced to do the unthinkable. I used my first css hack. I was trying to modify the style of an existing UL-LI structure as a row of tabs. Everything was honkey-dory until I tested in IE6. I looked at it and said, “Yuck”. The LI’s were not stacking in a left-to-right format no matter what I did. They expanded out all the way to the right. When I tried to change the structure, the functionality attached to it (which I don’t quite understand) broke. So I resorted to the unthinkable.
Notice the slash (/) before the width. This hides it from IE 7 and Firefox. But IE6 picks it up fine. These sort of hacks are not new. I’ve seen lots of examples. I just have never used one before. I feel bad, but not that bad. I mean, there is lots to do and it can’t all be perfect.
Anyway, I was thinking about when I should teach the kids how to program and make their own webpages. Katie wants them to NOT have a computer at all. I think they should have chips implanted directly in their skull. Imagine having Excel built-in to your brain. Sweeeet.